In 2019, I began sharing a kind of Wordsearch puzzle which I had only seen once elsewhere. If you have any information about its origins or a full explanation of the rules, I'd love to hear from you.
The puzzles are published here as an archive after their weekly release (Sundays) into the fediverse through the account: https://mastodon.art/@Algot. To get fediverse-connected yourself, go to https://joinmastodon.org/ where you can choose from a broad set of independent, but linked, servers. An account on any server can connect with an account on any other server, in addition to the local one. No lock-in. Great people, working to support each other. Support your instance admin and the fine moderators who help keep hate speech at bay.
The rules: (as I currently understand them)
- There is one "right" word to be found. The hint is significant.
- Start with one of the letters on the gray background.
- Move either horizontally or vertically to the next letter.
- You may not move diagonally.
- You may not use a square more than once.