Following in the footsteps of Wordle's success
In 2022, the New York Times purchased a new game called Wordle. It had been a big, independent success for its creator, Josh Wardle. He had made a game to play freely with friends. When offered significant money, he sold it to NYTimes which had inspired his love of their other, similar games.
Seeing that game's success, staff at The Guardian decided they needed a new game, too. They have even written an article explaining their process.
- The game play is simple, though, like most word games, can be challenging.
- Given a small word, find the longest word using that small word somewhere inside it.
- You can do a warmup practice, if you wish.
- Enter up to five words. You can submit fewer if you wish.
- Success is measured against the longest word in the game's known words list.
- Guessed words not on the list do not count against you.
- There is a new word every day.
As you add words for a particular game, take your time. There is no time constraint.
When you have entered your five guesses, your results will appear.
You will get a shareable score which you can post to your favorite social network.
🌟 Length Score: 100%
💫 Rare long word found!
🚀 Letter Score: 68
🔗 Play Wordiply: https://www.wordiply.com
🎬 Today's starter: 🅁🄴🄽🅃